Last will and testament of Cornelius Spencer (my 3rd great grandfather)

 In the name of god I Cornelius Spencer in the county of Daviess and state of Kentucky being of sound mind and memory and considering the uncertainty of this frail and transitory life do therefore make ordain publish and declare this to be my last will and testament.

I give and bequeath to my beloved wife all my land and appurtenances situated thereon, the land consisting of about 45 acres be the same more or less--said land lying in the county of Daviess and state of Kentucky and now possessed by me. I also give and bequeath to her (my wife) all my household and kitchen furniture consisting of beds, beding [sic], chairs, stove, clock, table and everything pertaining to the house that I now possess. I also give to my wife one cow, five hogs, and four sheep. In witness whereof I have hereunto subscribed my name this the 25th day of August, 1885.

                His
Cornelius X Spencer
               Mark

Witnessed by T.V.T. Baker, and A.N.C. Speak

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thomas Pittman: Licking Creek to Gnaw Bone

New series

Moms