New series

 The Spencer and Pittman lines are the two longest streams in my family river system, with other family names representing tributaries or feeder-streams in that system. The Spencer line starts with Abraham Spencer (my 9th great), an early settler in Virginia, while the Pittman line begins with Richard Pitman (aan 8th great), who came to New Jersey a little later in the 17th century.

I don't know much about these two men, to tell you the truth, but I propose to begin a series of portraits of these Spencers and Pittmans, down through the generations, collecting together whatever I may know or suspect about them, their spouses, their children, etc.

I hope these portraits will be interesting to anyone doing research in these family lines.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thomas Pittman: Licking Creek to Gnaw Bone

Moms